Monday, April 19, 2010

Eggghhh hot!

Just when I was starting to get acclimated to the weather here, it got hotter.  Maybe "more humid" is more accurate, but whatever it is, even the natives are complaining.  The other day was 95 with a "real fell" of 115!  Yikes!  It makes exercising a tad bit uncomfortable, although my willingness to run in disgusting conditions has certainly increased.  In a weird way, I'm even kind of excited, because I'll be all adjusted when I head back to a Boston summer.  Unless it's gross and rainy like all of last year.

Speaking of runs, I was just clearing the memory on my stopwatch, and I found a "workout" that I ran on March 20th.  3x800, 2x400, 2x200, 2x100, rest was a quarter of the interval, with a full lap after the set of 8's.  3:08, 3:10, 3:04, 86, 90, 38, 40, 17, 13?  Not bad for a 3xs a week runner, considering I probably plod along near 9:00 pace in this swampy air.

Ok, back to whatever I was supposed to be doing, I mostly just wanted to write that one down since I don't have a running log anymore.

2 comments:

Kshu said...

you're so fast =P

i guess when you tell me i should stop embarrassing myself, it's justified :(

Alisha said...

Whatever, sandbagger! YOU'RE fast. That's what.... eh, nevermind.

What's also funny is that at this point I have no recollection of what I actually said, and I partly believe that I truly told you that you were embarrassing yourself. Teehee