Sunday, March 28, 2010

Tropical Rains

When it comes to rain, I'm a bit like a child--San Diego is technically a desert climate, so I didn't grow up with much of that. As a result, every time it rains really hard somewhere (or snows, for that matter, heh), it's still a novelty and impressive to me. Summer storms in Boston, for example, are always exciting, and I love sitting by a window or in a car or somewhere and just watching it come down. Now, though, I live in a tropical climate and it rains even more! Teehee. Anyway, the rainy season is supposed to be in November and December here, and maybe it was, but over the last week or two, it's been raining quite a bit as well. And it rains so hard! It usually only lasts for an hour or two at most, but everything is absolutely drenched afterward.

It also happened to rain in both Bangkok and KL during my visits there, and I documented all of it. So, without further ado, I present you with The Rain in Spain--err, Southeast Asia:

Bangkok



Kuala Lumpur

And... the view from our apartment




Oh, also, random side note: It appears that here in Singapore, the happy face emoticon is like this (: instead of this :) I wonder if it's because Chinese reads right to left. But.... most people seem to prefer speaking English here, including the people who are completely bilingual. And very few people speak only Chinese and no English. So I don't know why that is.

(:

4 comments:

Kshu said...

Wow that's a lot of rain. Maybe you should get Sunshine to do a rain (anti-rain) dance for you. It probably won't work anyway but at least you can see her silly dance.

Anna said...

That's a good idea. I need to work on my anti-rain dances; they haven't been working well lately. I'll do one for you, Sluts.

Also, I've been catching up on your entries and just read the one about the number of states/countries you've been running in, which led me to count for myself. I totally lose - I think I only have CT, HI, MA, PA, VA, WA, WY. I'll have to get on that. And the countries.

-Sunshine

Kendall said...

You were singing in the last one!! Has it been six months since I've pointed out that Boston storms are pansies? Come to Oklahoma in late spring. It is bitchin' and by bitchin' I mean, houses fly away.

Alisha said...

You're right, Kendall, I do remember our rain adventure on our eXtreme XC eXpedition. Good thing you were driving. I also had a dream that I still owned/drove the Jedi last night.

MidLife & Sunshine, sounds like you should save the raindance for yourself. It doesn't really affect my life much here. I played some awesome muddy frisbee last night so there's no problem. No layout chances though. And Sunshine, any time you want to travel and run together, I'm game.